Casa de la Vall
In the year 1419, an interparish organization was established, which was the embryo of the Consell de la Terra (“Land Council”) later renamed Consell General de les Valls d’Andorra (“General Council of the Valleys of Andorra,” which is the Andorran Parliament).
Casa de la Vall houses the Consell General and also houses part of the judiciary system. The building is emblematic given its historic significance. It was built in 1580 and belonged to the Busquets family. In the year 1702, it was acquired by the Consell General.
In 1962 the building underwent a major restoration. The exterior mortar finish was eliminated and a new porthole window was installed, symmetrical to the original one. The building’s interior displays certain works of art of great interest, outstanding among which are the sixteenth century murals of the Sala dels Passos Perduts (“Hall of the Lost Steps”), reminiscent of courtroom tapestries, as well as two retables from the seventeenth century. Among the government facilities one could visit in this building, of note are the Courtroom, the Hall of the Consell General, the Sala dels Passos Perduts and the kitchen.
Hours Open to the Public:
Mornings, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and afternoons, 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m..
Sundays and holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
Admission is free.